Homemade Spiced Cider
Cooked in a crock pot, set this up the on Christmas Eve and wake up to a house filled with the warm aroma of spices, apples and citrus.
- 5 small apples or 3 large apples, sliced in half
- 2 medium oranges, sliced into quarters
- ½ cup whole fresh cranberries
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- a dash of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teabags
- Fill the pot of your slow cooker with water.
- Add sliced fruit, spices and sugar. Cover and turn on low if making the night before. If you choose to make this the morning of, cook on high for about 6 hours.
- Serve hot or cold.