Easy Salmon Pockets
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4 People
- 1½ cups hot tap water
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 4 - 4 ounce skinless salmon portions
- 12 lemon slices
- ½ red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parchment paper or heavy duty aluminum foil, torn into four, 18 inch sheets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place couscous in medium mixing bowl and add hot tap water. Let sit for 10 minutes then drain.
- To prepare packages, place 3 lemon slices in the center of each parchment sheet and top with salmon. To the side of salmon place 1/4th of the drained couscous. Top with 1/4th of the asparagus, followed by 1/4th of the onion slices. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold each sheet in half, covering the food. Beginning at the top fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape. Be sure to press as you fold to seal the packets well, or steam will escape. Arrange packets on a baking sheet. Bake 14-15 minutes. To serve, cut open the packets and serve directly in the parchment on a plate, or if using aluminum foil remove fish, asparagus and couscous with a spatula onto a plate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 319 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 3g Polyunsaturated fat 3g Monounsaturated fat 2g Cholesterol 63mg Sodium 52mg Potassium 636mg Total Carbohydrate 15g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 25g